Sunday, February 12, 2012

I'm Still Here

It feels like it has been months this I last posted.

Oh, wait. It has.

Work has been busy, and much of my time has been spent at the hospital. The rest of the time has been spent exercising, catching up on sleep, relaxing with my sweet husband, and baking/cooking. I have been cooking up lots of new recipes (thanks pinterest and foodgawker!) that I hope to share soon, but I'll save that for another day.

Some exciting things that have happened since last fall:

1. Adam passed his PCA licensure exam. This means he can become an ordained pastor. Once a position is available of course.

2. My brother graduated from marine boot camp this past week. I wasn't able to go to his graduation because of work, but spent part of the weekend with him and the rest of our family celebrating. We are all so proud of him and thankful for what he is doing.

3. I have a job for next year. I graduate from my pediatrics residency this summer. This is both scary and exciting, but it is also a huge relief to have a plan for when I'm done. I'll be working in a county hospital doing both inpatient pediatrics and working in the pediatric urgent care center. It is a fabulous program and I'll be working with many other pediatricians whom I admire. I never thought I would really come so far, and could not have without God's grace, kindness, and patience.

Some other random fun things:

These super fun earrings I ordered. They arrived in the mail a few days ago, and I love them! They do not feel heavy and are very different from other jewelry I have.

My new favorite restaurant. We ate there for the first time a couple months ago, and keep finding ourselves wandering back. The food is delicious. And let me just say, best cheese plate in town.

I've said before how much I love soup. Try this recipe. It's a bit more time consuming, but it is hearty, delicious, and healthy!

Back to watching the Grammy's. I can't wait to see Adele perform and so glad she already won an award!

No comments:

Post a Comment