Friday, August 5, 2011

Farmer's Market Fun

I went to our local farmer's market last weekend for the first time in awhile. I met up with my sweet friend Dorothy, whom I hadn't seen in ages. Not only did it provide for good company, but I left the market with a lovely supply of fresh fruits and veggies, including heirloom tomatoes, grape tomatoes, blueberries, and a gigantic bunch of beautiful basil.

I unfortunately did not take any pictures of my goodies, but I can show you what I did with the tomatoes.

One of my favorite cookbooks these days is Cooking Light's, Cooking Through the Seasons. It is an amazing cookbooks and it's divided into the 4 seasons, filled with recipes based on the foods unique to each season. I haven't made many recipes from it. But I do love looking through it, mouth watering, wanting to make everything I see immediately.

I was trying to find a new recipe to use the tomatoes, and I found a flatbread recipe, topped with tomatoes, basil, and goat cheese. I didn't have goat cheese, so just used mozzarella instead. The dough was a cinch to put together, and only needed 2 hours to rise.
Lovely tomatoes.


Here's the finished product.

We paired it with a simple chicken, topped with honey-roasted tomatoes. It was absolutely delicious, and I'm pretty pumped about making it again. Check out this cookbook and make sure you try this recipe.

2 comments:

  1. perfect way to use tomatoes!! we're growing some in our backyard that I can't wait to use for things like this!!! <3 www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete